Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Visual mapping of search results--online and much cooler than before

Grokker is now available online. You don't have to download the app onto your machine. This version is a more sophisticated than the ones I've seen in the past. If you hover the mouse over one of the squares it pops up mini-windows with some meta-data about the hit. Click on a hit and it pulls up a column on the right where you can see more info about it and link straight out.

Try this search http://www.grokker.com/applet.html?query=kpelle

Kpelle are an ethnic group in Liberia, WEST AFRICA. Try out the "Show tools" at the bottom. I like being able to limit by year. For the "find within the map," the word 'moot.' It will bring up a tiny set.

I think I like this. It's kind of growing on me.

No comments: