Thursday, August 04, 2005

Pluck.com RSS Software

I downloaded this Pluck.com RSS software onto my laptop and I'm wondering how I ever got along for so long without something like this! On the up side, I don't have to do as many canned searches that I tend to do. I do wonder about their search algorithms though, although the search results that have come up on my "Perches" have all looked pretty interesting. I have one for academic libraries, Elsevier, open access, cancer research, and of course Google.

One nice thing about it is that you can opt to have your IE bookmarks integrated into it. When you start the software, it looks pretty much like your IE browser, but with a pluck menu to the left (where your history usually is). I've added this site as a feed, so this is a test to see if I managed to do it right.

2 comments:

Susan Payne said...

woo hoo! it worked!

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Looking at the date of your original post, you're probably running the 1.0 version of Pluck (IE or web edition). We just released 2.0 versions for IE, Firefox, and the web edition, with major updates to the user experience and some minor feature tweaks.

Well worth the upgrade!

John