To support users displaced by Hurricane Katrina, CSA will provide continuing database subscriptions for students, faculty, librarians, and researchers not able to access via traditional methods. Database users should go to http://info.csa.com/katrina/reg.shtml to register.
CSA is also working with its publishing partners to extend this program. Subscribers affected by Hurricane Katrina will access databases through the CSA Illumina platform from the following publishing partners:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Rapra Technology, Limited
- American Economic Association
- Plexus Publishing, Inc.
- Modern Language Association
Other hurricane relief initiatives by CSA include:
- Extending affected customer subscriptions for up to 6 months to cover the period of time where their services would be affected.
- Encouraging our publishing partners to incorporate these relief efforts and/or help them implement their efforts
- Working with the American Library Association (ALA) to create a fund used to help rebuild the affected library infrastructure
- Reviewing internal equipment for items that can be donated to the affected area
Additional information about CSA's Hurricane Katrina relief activities can be found at http://info.csa.com/katrina/.