Saturday, July 02, 2005

Anybody who's breathing and owns a DVD player

That's the audience for the $1 DVDs for sale in lots of supermarkets, drugstore chains and, soon, lingerie shops. This according to one Gary Delfiner of Global Multimedia Corporation, one of the biggies in the $1 DVD market. Yeah, go figure. Apparently the New York Times is just catching on to how great some of these are. Of course David Reynolds & I have been on to these for years and have even moved up to the $4-5 extra high-quality.

I justify including this in Scrapple because I also saw this NYT article reported in Slashdot. Although that article is mistaken on at least one point--you can get silent movies (I have the Hunchback of Notre Dame.)

Now I gotta head over to the Dollar Store and look for 'His Girl Friday" -- Howard Hawks, Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant for a buck! If you see 'Murder at the Vanities,' pick up a copy for me, will you? I bet a dollar it is in public domain, too.

No comments: